Smithbuilt Heavy Duty Dog Crate Reviewed
This is a dog crate that is rated as one of the heavy duty crates and one that is supposed to contain almost any of the dogs that are being contained inside of it. While this has not always held true for some of the owners of this crate, the vast majority of people that have written up reviews have been extremely and positive with the Smithbuilt Heavy Duty Dog Crate. Since this is the case, we have decided to write an individualized review of this cage and this will make it easier for you to know if this is the crate that you will want to use for your dog or if you need to keep on looking for a new crate for your dog. Without the information on the Smithbuilt Heavy Duty Dog Crate, you could easily make a mistake on the crate that you end up buying for your dog. With all of that being said, let us start the review of the Smithbuilt crate, which will make it easier for you to get to know if this is the crate that you need to use or if you should continue your search with some of the other dog crates that we have talked about.
Why The Smithbuilt Crate Is A Winner
The Smithbuilt crate is one of those that a lot of people are going to debate about and argue about how good the crate is versus the other models that are on the market. However, what you need to realize is this is a crate that has been made out of top quality steel and unlike some of the other crates that are on the market from what I have seen it is actually made from steel that is thick enough to keep the dogs entertained. This is completely different than a lot of the crates that are on the market as this one is made to keep everyone safe. Just remember you are getting a strong and sturdy cage, but it also has a metal pan. In my own experiences the metal pans are far superior to the plastic ones. I know my dogs, they are English Mastiffs, have a tendency to just walk on the plastic ones and they start to crack. So the metal is a definite plus as it does not have this issue like the plastic trays have.
- Steel tray with lip.
- Comes with rolling casters.
- Retaining latches to hold the trays in place.
- Strength of the cage.
- Lock design has been reported as weak.
- Top part of the catch at the opening can be exploited by smart dogs.
My Favorite Features With The Heavy Duty Dog Crate
- Metal pan is going to help ensure the dogs have a harder time cracking the pan, but also will help them in getting to avoid some of the issues that a plastic pan can cause.
- Top door opening is going to make it easier for you to feed your dog or take care of them if you have to leave them in the crate for any extended period of time, without having to worry about them getting out of the crate.
- Four rolling casters that is going to make it easier for you to move the cage around the home without having to worry about carrying the crate.
- Has a side and a top door which is going to make it easier for you to take care of your dog and let them out. This will also make it easier to get the dog crate set up in areas that may have a tighter space than what you are used to seeing.
I Wish The Crate Had These Features
- Better latching systems is one of the common complaints with this crate, so a better latch would make it easier for you to contain your dog.
- Carrying handles are a great feature for a dog crate, but in all of the reviews I have done on this crate I have not really seen a handle mentioned to help move the crate around.