Find The Best Heavy Duty Dog Cage For Large Dogs
Dog cages are a great way to keep your dog contained and out of trouble. However, if you have a large breed dog, you will normally notice that almost all of the dog cages that are out their are not meant for a large breed dog, let alone a large breed dog that may have any type of separation anxiety or other issues. This is when you should realize their are cages out their that are heavy duty cages and meant for the larger breed dogs. With that being said, you will often find some of the advertised cages are actually substandard and they are going to make it a little bit harder for you to get the trust that you need in a cage that is going to work for your dogs. However, we are reviewing the ProSelect Empire Dog Cage that comes in a large and small size. Both of these cages have essentially the same features, but the larger cage is obviously larger and since we are focusing on larger dogs, we will be directing all of our information towards the larger of these cages.
Overview Of The ProSelect Dog Cage For Large Dogs
This is a cage, that is going to take into account the strength that the larger breed dogs are known for. I know that it is going to be a challenge to believe this, but not all of the cages are meant for large breed or even medium breed dogs. Bearing that in mind, you need to realize the ProSelect Empire dog cage is going to be different than most of the other cages that you are going to be looking at. When you realize this, you will be able to answer some of your common questions on how this cage is different.
The primary difference that you will be able to enjoy is the fact this is a cage that has thicker and sturdier steel bars to it. These bars are going to make a huge difference in how well the cage handles your larger dogs. This is going to make it easier for you to get the dogs moved into the crate and know that it is going to stand the abuse that most of your dogs can give the crates. Without this, you could have some problems in getting to enjoy the protection that you want to have for your dogs because they can easily break the cage and this can lead to them getting out of the cage and getting hurt, but it could also lead to them tearing apart your home if you are not careful.
Why The ProSelect Dog Cage Is Best For Large Dogs
- Comes with a floor grate and a steel tray. The grate is going to be a nice feature because it will make it easier for you to keep your dog from getting to the tray, which is a common place for the dogs to get out of their crates at. So this is going to make it a lot nicer than what you could encounter of the tray being pushed out. However, you will also find that if your dog does get to the tray on this cage, it is a steel tray, which means it will be a lot harder to break than the plastic trays.
- The steel that is on the cage is actually very good quality as it is made from 20 gauge steel reinforced inside of 1/2 inch diameter steel tubes. This is a great combination of products that is going to help in preventing the aggressive dogs from being able to chew their way out of the crate.
- Size of the cage is going to be something else that you are going to really like because it will make it easier for you to get the larger dogs into the cage. The large cage has an interior dimensions of 40.75″L x 30.75″Wx 41.25″H. So this will be able to fit almost any of the large breed dogs that you plan on putting into the crate.
- Sturdy construction.
- Strong steel bars, with tube surrounding them.
- Steel grate and tray on the bottom of the cage.
- Weight can be an issue for some people.
- Can take up some space and is not the easiest to move around.
Accessories With The ProSelect Large Dog Cage
While their is not much in the way of accessories that you can add into a dog cage, you will find it does offer you one accessory that is not commonly found in a lot of the dog cages. The main accessory that I seen that is offered with the dog cage is casters that are able to be connected to the cage. When you have these attached to your ProSelect large dog cage, you will often find that this is going to be a great feature because it will be easy for you to get the casters on for moving the cage, but also make it a little bit easier for you to get the cage in a location you want before removing the casters if you want to.