Comparing The Lodge LPG13 To VonShef
Okay, I know that cast iron griddles are far from being the cheapest thing on the market. However, what you will find is these are going to be a great item for you to buy because it does make it quite a bit easier for you to get the cooking done quickly and evenly. The problem then comes which one of these should you be looking for in the market. That is why we are going to finally go out and do our article where we are Comparing The Lodge LPG13 To VonShef which are the top 2 cast iron griddles that we have already ranked on our top five list of cast iron griddles. So this is definitely something that you will want to consider as well because it helps out in making your decision easier on which one to buy.
Features Of The Lodge LPG13
- This is a cast iron griddle that is going to be reversible in the fact that it is going to allow you to have a grill side and a flat griddle side to prepare several different types of meals.
- This is a griddle that is going to be a little bit on the smaller side as it is 20 inches by 10.44 inches. So this can make it a challenge to cook all the food you want to have cooked at the same time.
- With this griddle, since it is cast iron you may expect it to weigh a ton, but it only comes in at a little bit over three pounds at 3.35.
Features Of The VonShef
- This is made following the traditional cast iron style of construction, which will make it easier for you to have the product and know it will be working for what you need it to be doing.
- With this product it is going to be available to be used on multiple cooking surfaces, which is nice compared to some of the items that you are going to find that are going to work only on one or two surfaces and then it is kind of questionable on how well they are going to work.
- Just like the Lodge brand up above, this is a model that is going to be reversible. This will make it easier for you to get the cooking done that you want and if you are able to clean up the one side, you will be able to get it flipped over and have the other side to cook the rest of the meal.
How These Two Griddles Are Alike
Both of these gridles are going to be reversible. Which means you will have the smooth top side on one part of the griddle, but you will find that you can flip this over and then have the griddle working more like a grill top surface that will allow the fat to drain off. So this is a great feature and definitely something that is nice.
These griddles are going to come in a little bit on the smaller side compared to the other griddles that are about 24 inches to 16 inches. So you will like the fact this is going to be a great griddle that will make it easier for you to use these on a variety of items as they are both coming in on the small size of around 18-20 inch by about 10 inches.
How These Two Griddles Are Different
Well, the first thing that you will find that is different is the position of the handles. This is going to make a huge difference in how you can handle these, but also if it will be easier or harder for you to move the griddle. With the VonShef the handles are offset on the ends, but the Lodge has the handles in the middle on the ends.
The Lodge brand smooth surface has nothing that is going to make any type of issue with getting your cooking done. The VonShef model, though, has their name on one porition of the smooth side of the griddle side. This could keep you from having the same smooth cooking surface that you would want to have when you are getting everything cooked and ready.
How To Pick Between The Lodge And The VonShef
Well, this is the big question and that is how do you pick between one or the other. Well, that is very easy for you to find the answer to and it really depends on what you are looking for and which one is in stock. I hate to say it, these are very popular and they have a tendency to sell out quickly. With that being the case, though, my personal preference will be the Lodge brand and that will help you out and will definitely make it easier for you to see why we decided it was important for us to finish comparing the Lodge LPG13 to the VonShef cast iron griddles.