Discover The Best Alternative Powered Push Mowers
Push mowing your lawn is something that you do have to do at times. However, if you do not have a large yard you may want to consider some of the different tools that will work for your mowing and this will make it easier for you to push mow your lawn, but not have to worry about having all the excessive amounts of gasoline in your garage. With that being said, we know that a lot of people hate to have these mowers and with that being the case we have decided it was time for us to rank the best alternative powered push mowers.
How Did We Narrow Down Our Alternative Powered Push Mower List
Well, we started to look at the mowers and the power sources they have. Some of these were going to vary from the reel powered mowers to the corded to cordless mowers. All of these mowers have a very different aspect that they are going to showcase, but also have different methods of power. We took all of these into consideration and this helped us to narrow down our list and we did provide information and at least one option for each of these types of mowers.
Meet The Contenders
GreenWorks 25022 Corded Lawn Mower
The GreenWorks company is one that you will love because it makes it very easy for you to have a great mower that will work for you. This is the GreenWorks 25022 and it is definitely a mower that will make it quite a bit easier for you to get all of your work done. However, this is also a mower that has a larger motor and it is going to work for everything that you need to get done mowing wise. So you just have to make sure you have this mower in your garage. This mower is also one that we do like because GreenWorks is a company that we know that does have a tendency to stand quite a bit between the warranties and everything else that is being offered by the company.
- Uses a 12 Amp Motor.
- Has a 3 in 1 mulching, bagging, or side discharge.
- Offers 7 different cutting positions.
- Does not include any type of cord so you have to buy this extra.
- You have to keep track of your cord to avoid running it over.
EGO Power+ 20-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower
EGO Power is a company that does have some of the best mowers on the market. However, we have found the mower that we selected here has made it quite a bit easier for you to get the right mower that will match your needs. So this makes it an enjoyable one. Not to mention that compared to some of the other mowers this is a cordless model and has a cut that is almost comparable to the same cut as the gasoline push mowers.
- Has a 20 inch cut which is almost as large as gas powered mowers.
- The batteries will last 45 minutes on a 30 minute charge.
- Folds up for storage.
- The noise is only 30% less than a gas mower.
- It can get clogged when the grass is very thick.
Black & Decker EM1500 Corded 15 Inch Mower
Black & Decker is another company that has provided quite a bit in the way of quality products. However, what you will find is this is a corded mower with a 15 inch deck. This is going to take you quite a while to get your work done. However, we do have to say this is a great mower that will help keep you mowing for a long period of time because it does have a decent cord and it will make it easier for you to get the job done. Not to mention Black & Decker is a common product name for a lot of the products that you would be using in your home and this makes it easier for you to have a great mower and know the quality of the brand you are getting.
- Has six different height adjustment settings
- Collects the grass for collection and disposal of.
- Has an edge max feature allowing you to get closer to the edges.
- The cut is only 15 inches wide for cutting.
- Cannot cut grass over 5 inches tall.
GreenWorks Pro GLM801600 21 Inch Cordless Lawn Mower
Yes, another GreenWorks mower has made it into our list here. However, this time it is a mower that you are going to like because it has quite a bit of mowing space for you to use. The mower is one that is cordless here where the earlier version that we spoke of was corded. So this is definitely going to be a plus. Now you will notice the version we are speaking of here is the one without the battery. That is the one that was offered on Amazon, but you will notice the mower does use the 4AH battery GreenWorks 29472 G-MAX 40V Li-Ion New Price: $117.43 Old Price: $149.99You Save: $32.56 (as of 02/21/2018 19:20 UTC) . Which is lower in cost than the self propelled mower that we have found for this same model is quite a bit more expensive.
- Runs for 60 minutes with a full charge battery.
- Uses a brushless motor for improved quality.
- Has a 21 inch steel deck for cutting.
- Does not come with the battery.
American Lawn Mower 1204 4 Blade Reel Mower
Sometimes you will feel like you will want to take a step back in time and not even have to worry about using any of the powered options outside of the reel mower that you are going to power on your own. So this is going to make it easier for you to have a mower that is going to take and cut up your grass for you, but what is great is you do not have to worry about using any of the fossil fuels that are present even the electric power is not going to be used for this mower.
- Provides a very precise scissor like cut.
- Tempered alloy for the steel and blades to make it a longer cut.
- Weighs in at only 19 pounds.
- The cut path is only 14 inches.
- This mower does not use any electric or gas so it can take a long time to cut the grass.