Comparing The Brita On Tap To Pur Chrome Water Filters
When you are looking for a new water filter you will find multiple brands in various styles and mounting methods. The problem is which one of these filters are the ones that will work for your needs and which one is going to really just sit on your faucet and not provide you the filtration you would expect to get? Well, we have ranked what we feel are the five best faucet filters for your home and now we are going to go ahead and compare a couple of the water filters that we have ranked in our number 1 and number 2 spot in the list that we did. Then you can make a decision for yourself, which one of these filters will work for your needs. In this case, we are going to start by comparing the Brita On Tap to Pur Chrome water filters.
Features Of The Brita On Tap
- Has three different filter settings which will work like the spray, regular filter, and even the normal tap water if you are doing dishes or something like that.
- This is a system that will have a filter system and it will have 2 filters that are going to be coming with it to make it easier for you to have good tasting water for a couple of months depending on the quality of the water.
- This is a water filter that is rated to remove lead from the water. This allows you to have confidence that you will have water that is going to be free from lead, which can show up from the aging water system that you are using.
Features Of The Pur Chrome
- This is a filter that is using the latest in filter technology that is making it easier for you to get the clear taste of the water you want to have. So you will no longer have to be concerned about the water starting to get some of the horrible taste you may not want to have.
- With this filter, it has been tested in several labs and has been found to remove close to 99% of the lead that is in the water. So this makes it easier for you to have a good tasting water that is going to be safe for you to drink as well.
- When they redid the water filter itself the company also took into account the potential for leaks and redid this part of the faucet mount as well. This way you are able to get the faucet filter mounted and not have to be concerned about it not fitting properly or even worse worry about it leaking.
How These Water Filters Are Alike
These are both filters that is going to remove lead from the water. This is a major plus as this is a major issue with the water that is coming into homes today and everyone is starting to realize as the pipes in the water system get older they could easily become the next Flint. So the filters that are removing the lead from the water is a major plus.
The filters are going to mount to the faucet, which will make it easier for you to have a water filter that is going to make it quite a bit easier for you to use the filter and now it will last you for a long period o time, but also makes it easier for you to get the filters changed out when they start to go bad or need to be changed.
Both of the filters have indicator lights that are going to make it easier for you to know when the filter is going to need to be changed out. While this may seem like it is going to be easy to know about, it actually is more of a challenge than what you would think. That is because the filter will need to be changed out when it is indicated by the light.
How These Water Filters Are Different
While these filters will do quite a bit that are alike, you will find the filters differ in the way they are going to be mounted to the faucet. With the Brita filter, it is going to have a vertical filter and that can be annoying and as I mentioned in the individual review it can lead to you having kids hitting it at times The Pur filter is going to be more vertical in how the filter is going to work and this makes it easier for the kids to avoid hitting the filter itself.
With the Brita, you will notice it has 3 different settings that you can use for getting the water out. The Pur is going to have only a couple of methods to get the water out. However, what is really good is both of these methods are going to help you out in getting the water you want to drink. In my personal opinion, I would have to say this does not really matter to me that much, but I see 3 options as being another problem that could come up in the future and lead to replacement sooner than what I was expecting.
How To Decide Which One To Buy When Comparing The Brita On Tap To Pur Chrome Water Filters
When you are looking at these water filters or any water filter for that matter you will want to look mainly at what it will remove chemical wise and if it will take care of lead. The water system is aging and lead is starting to become a major problem in the water. So you will want to make sure you are aware of the items the water filter removes for you. With that being said, our article comparing the Brita On Tap to the Pur Chrome water filters will make it a little bit easier for you to find the faucet filter for your sink.