Out Of Storage? Get The Best External Hard Drive For XBox One
Playing a video game system that is basically a small computer can be one of the best things that you can do. However, what is horrible is when you run out of memory space on your game and this is going to make it difficult for you to get to have any more fun on your games. To avoid this, you will generally end up getting some type of additional storage device or deleting off some of your hard fought game data. We are gamers to and know that deleting any of the information off of your system can feel like you are taking away a child. With that being the case, you will often need to turn to an external hard drive for the XBox One. If this is the case, you will want to make sure you get the best external hard drive for XBox One and that is what we are going to provide for you in this article. Make sure you read all of the information and you can easily locate the best external hard drive for XBox One.
How We Reviewed Our List
When we first started out looking at this, we were kind of shocked at how many different external hard drives claimed to be used for the XBox One. I know that we often look towards ones that are officially recognized for the XBox, but we also know that the ones that have been endorsed by Microsoft can be rather pricey and sometimes price itself out of the range of most people. I know that once we started to look at the list of contenders we would have quiet a few to narrow down the list. So we decided to take the ones with a high capacity of memory, claim to be tested with the XBox One, and is easy to hook up to the XBox One. Without these factors it would be very difficult to find the information that we needed on these devices and it would also make it hard to figure out which one of these you should be using.
DongCoh Game External Hard Drive For XBox One
This is one of the highest rated external hard drives for the XBox One. I know this is one of the models that actually meets all of our qualifications because it is going to have most of the features that we need to have for a hard drive. However, what you need to realize is almost all of these hard drives are the exact same. So you will find this is one model that is different in the fact that it is meant specific for the games and this is going to make it easier for you to get the joy out of using an external hard drive and for the most part it can run slower than what you need and sometimes this will make your game a little bit on the glitchy side. With that being the case, it can easily ruin your game play and it will make it impossible for you to enjoy the games.
Features Of The DongCoh
- Integrated perfectly with the XBox One according to the manufacturers.
- Has an individual power supply that is going to be able to allow the drive to run faster than most of those on the market.
- The aluminum casing is going to help keep the hard drive cooler and means you will not be burning up your expensive hard drive.
Pros Of The DongCoh
- The capacity of this external hard drive for XBox One is going to be 4 Terrabytes.
- Comes with the USB 3.0 cord of its own, which is not something that some of the external hard drives that we have looked at is going to be missing.
- The drive runs at 7200 RPM compared to some of the other drives that are running at 5400 RPM and can be seen as quite a bit slower than some of the other drives.
Cons Of The DongCoh
- The switch requires it to be manually be turned off and it will not turn off with your XBox One, which can be easy to forget to do.
- With a separate power source, it will mean you have to find a plug, in what is commonly a very crowded space.
- Some people have reported this is a little bit hard to get set up with the XBox One.
U32 Shadow 1TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
When you are looking for a smaller hard drive, you may want to consider the U32 hard drive. In fact this is one of those hard drives that you are going to enjoy because it will make it easier for you to get into your pocket and take it with you where you want to take it. Without this, you could have some problems in getting the external hard drive moved around with you and that can make it impossible for you to get the games played at your friends because you cannot take the drive with you that has the accounts on them or even worse because you do not have the information for your character that you have worked hard on building up.
Features Of The U32 Shadow
- Comes as a 1 terrabyte size drive and once it has the actual space it is usually clocking out over 970 GB.
- Comes with a soft padded case that is going to make it easier for you to carry the hard drive with you and not be concerned about it breaking on you.
- Can be powered by either a USB 2.0 or the preferred 3.0 cord to make it function properly.
Pros Of The U32 Shadow
- Compact size means you can take it and all of your saved game data with you to almost any location that you want to.
- Is housed in aluminum so you do not have to be as concerned about heat building up like you would in some of the other external hard drives.
- Extremely easy to set up and make it compatible with your XBox One.
Cons Of The U32 Shadow
- Is powered by the USB cord only, which means it may run a bit slower and if the USB cord becomes dislodged on accident your game will be turned off immediately.
- The size of the external hard drive is only double that of what most people get with their XBox One, so it could easily be filled up and leave you with no space again.
- Some people have complained that the system can disconnect from the game when they are playing and this leaves them unable to complete their game.
Seagate Expansion 5TB Desktop External Hard Drive
Seagate is a brand that a lot of people have heard about because it is one of the more popular brands of external hard drives. However, what people do not realize is they also have some of the gaming hard drives as well that you can use for the Playstations and the XBox gaming systems. I know this is a major move because so many people are using gaming systems now, but what you need to realize is this is also a great way to store information on an external hard drive from a reputable company.
Features Of The Seagate External Hard Drive
- Fast file transfers because the system uses the latest USB 3.0 technology.
- Uses an external cord for powering the system, so you can expect to get a faster speed with the system.
- Provides 5 terrabytes of space for you to get all of your games transferred over and have plenty of storage space.
Pros Of The Seagate
- Housing of the system is extremely sturdy and will help prevent any type of damage to the external hard drive for the XBox One
- Speed which this external hard drive operates is amazing and in some tests that users ran it took just over 2 minutes using USB 3.0 to get over 19 gigabytes of information transferred.
- Is very easy to set up and get in tune with your XBox One, which is going to make it easier for you to get the extra storage you need to have.
Cons Of The Seagate
- Loud humming noises is a complaint some people have had with this hard drive, which could indicate the drive is running to hard or some other type of problem.
- Depending on the age of the hard drive some people have reported it does have failures at times.
- While the one customer who wrote a review talked about the fast speed, quite a few other people have talked about how slow the speed is on the system.
Nyko Data Bank
The NYKO Data Bank is one of those drives that a lot of people have heard about, but never really knew much information about. However, what you need to realize is this is not a true external hard drive in the fact that it is going to make it harder for you to adapt the drive. This is going to make it a lot harder for you to bring the data bank with you, but it is going to provide you with an add onto your XBox One that is going to help you in getting to have the storage space that you need to have and know your data is with the XBox all the time and this means you will not lose it at a friends house.
Features Of The Nyko
- Allows for the 3.5″ hard drives to be slipped into the system.
- Has an LED light that makes it easier for you to know when the XBox One is accessing the hard drive.
- Uses a USB 3.0 cable to attach the hard drive to the XBox One.
Pros Of The Nyko
- Is a strong case for a hard drive.
- Uses the USB 3.0 cable to connect to the XBox One, so it is quick connections.
- Stays with the XBox One.
Cons Of The Nyko
- This is not an actual hard drive and is really nothing more than a case.
- Only accepts the 3.5″ hard drives and for the most part these are already going to come with everything you need to have to connect them to the XBox One.
WD 4TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive
The WD, or Western Digital company, is one of the best ones that you will see in the business. However, for some people they do not really know about how great the brand that is present here and how it is going to make it easier for you to get the expansion that you need in a hard drive, but also have one that is completely reliable and not going to cause you any type of problems in most cases. So you will want to make sure you know about this hard drive for your XBox One, because it is going to help you in getting to have the reliability that you want and know it will last you for a long period of time, instead of being one that is going to wear out right away.
Features Of The WD
- Fast setup is something that you will enjoy and the fact this uses USB 3. 0 is another factor to consider.
- Provides a complete backup of the files that you have and in most cases because this can go up to 6 terabytes will be the only backup that you need.
- If you need to you can use a password to help encrypt your information to keep it safe.
Pros Of The WD
- Western Digital is one of the best names for any type of hardware for a computer, so you will be getting a great brand and can use it for years to come.
- Quite a few people have bragged about the speed as to which this is able to handle the file transfers
- Offers a variety of sizes of hard drive that will make it easier for you to find the size that you need to have for your games.
Cons Of The WD
- The encryption software that is used is often viewed as some of the strongest on the market and if your drive fails you may not be able to recover the data.
- Connections can be an issue for the device at times and in some reports they have been shown as being very loose.
- Depending on the hard drive and the way it is used, it has been reported by some users the drive is quick to fail.
Deciding Factors For The External Hard Drive For XBox One
When you get one of the new gaming systems, you will often think you have plenty of space available for gaming. However, you will quickly find a lot of the new games and the system are going to take up quite a bit of memory and you can easily run out of memory that you have available. I know this from experience. What you really need to know about is the fact that you are going to need to get some type of external hard drive for XBox One. When you get this it will often help you in getting to enjoy the games again and not have to worry about which one of the games you should be deleting to help you in getting the games loaded that you want to play. We have covered what we view as the best five external hard drives for XBox One and hope this will help you find one that will suit your needs. The main deciding factor that we used is the size and the speed of the system, which will help you out tremendously if you want to continue to play your games while using the external hard drive.