Comparing The Best Of The Best In Stainless Steel Cookware
Okay, well, I am not sure if these are the best of the best, but they are the best that I could find that will suit quite a few budgets of people. Granted, one of these sets costs close to a grand and the other set costs closer to the middle of the 250 to 350 range. So this is going to be something that you will want to keep in mind. However, out of all the cookware sets on the market, almost everyone knows that All-Clad is the gold standard in cookware. What a lot of people do not realize, though, is these are two sets they should closely compare to guarantee they are able to select the right set for their family if they do not carefully compare these sets, it is very easy for them to buy the wrong set and end up disappointed in the way the cookware functions or even in how the cookware comes clean. Without any further hesitation lets talk about these two sets of cookware and do an in-depth comparison between the two models.
Spotlight On The Cuisinart MCP-12N
Features Of The Cuisinart MCP-12N
- Is dishwasher and oven safe which is going to help ensure the cooking is completed and easy to clean up.
- Has a universal lid that will fit on each of the pans, but not all at the same time obviously.
- Pots and pans have a curved lip which make it easy for pouring.
- Comes with 12 pieces, one of which is an ever elusive steamer insert.
- Weight is not overly heavy, but it is not so light of a set that you pick it up and fling it off of the stove.
Spotlight On The All-Clad 700492
Features Of The All-Clad Master Chef 2
- Has an extra thick layer of conductive aluminum that is easy to heat up.
- Stainless steel handles that are permanently attached with extremely strong rivets.
- Very easy to maintain and in most cases will be easy to clean off with just some soap and water.
- Heat distribution in the pots and pans is very even when the pots and pans are heated up properly.
- Sizes of the pots and pans that are available is going to be invaluable as you will be able to get the cooking completed that you need to get done all the time.
How They’re The Same
As you can tell these are a couple of high quality sets of cookware. With that being said, you are going to be curious about how these are the same or very similar. I know that this is a great way to start to compare the items and that is what this section is going to cover, because you may find that some of these items are going to be very similar to each other and this can easily make up your mind because these are easily items that you buy once in a blue moon and not an item that you buy each week.
- Both of these are using the three ply or triple ply construction which leads to an even heat distribution for even cooking.
- Stainless steel covers are going to help lock in the nutrients that the food needs to be providing for everyone.
- Interiors of these sets are stainless steel and that tends to make it a little bit easier to get the food moved around and cleaned up.
- Riveted handles are going to make it easier for you to get a good grip on your pots and pans.
How They’re Different
Now these sets are going to have some differences and this is going to be something that is not really going to make a major impact. In fact, one person who left a review on Amazon has both of these sets and said they are almost exactly alike. This is going to help make a decision and it is one that you need to carefully consider because these differences can make a difference in if you are buying the right set for your needs or not.
- Cuisinart brand comes with a steamer insert for your vegetables and the All-Clad brand does not have any of the inserts included in the set.
- Cuisinart set has thumb rest for your thumbs while cooking, but the All-Clad has a rounded handle that is going to make it easier for you to grip the handle.
- Price is a major difference between these two sets as one of the sets is close to the thousand dollar mark, but the other set is closer to the 300 dollar range.
- One set is made in America, All-Clad, the other set is reported to be made in China according to multiple reports on Amazon.
Video Reviews Of These Two Stainless Steel Cookware Sets
Please note this video is for the 10 piece set, instead of the 14 piece.
Which Should You Buy The Cuisinart Or All-Clad
This is a question that is going to really come down to what type of cookware you want to have. If you want to have a great set that is going to last you for a long period of time then you will want to consider both of these sets. Both of the sets have almost the exact same rating in the form of quality and they both work on almost the exact same triple ply principle. However, the major difference is the fact that the Cuisinart set has a steamer lid included, but it also has a fewer pieces and a tremendously lower price than the All-Clad. This works great for people who are a on very strict budget and need to keep a close eye on their outgoings versus their income. With that being said, the All-Clad set is made in America and has been since 1971, which can provide some people with an added layer of trust in their cookware. Both of these sets will provide you with some great cooking pleasure and both of them claim to be easy to clean. With that being said, the choice is going to be up to you on which one of these sets you want to get. If you are on a very strict budget, though, the Cuisinart set will suit your needs better and have a price that you can usually afford.