Decorating the yard for Christmas is very exciting and often a great way to express to everyone the joy that you have for the holiday. However, with all the choices that are available it is nearly impossible to figure out which of the outdoor decorations is going to work best for your home. This is when you may want to narrow down your list with what we consider to be the best Christmas yard decorations on the market. Some of these are going to be very simple like lights that you can put on the porch, for smaller homes, but others will be larger and more elaborate to the blowups that people want to have in their yard. Either way, you will find these decorations are going to cover a wide range of the festive season and make it easier for you to narrow down the choice of decorations that you need to have for your property.
How I Narrowed Down My List
The list that I have narrowed down is fairly straightforward, but you will find they are helpful in the way they are working. I took several factors into consideration, including the function of the item, size of the items, how bright they are, and even the type of reviews that Amazon has. However, since it is Christmas, I also took the cost of the items into consideration as well because this was going to make a difference in how many presents people are able to get for friends, family, and strangers. Yes, charity is a great thing and giving to strangers is going to help you feel even better about yourself this Christmas season.
Best Outdoor Christmas Lights
Lights are often one of the main decorations that you will start off with. I know that for me personally, I have a decent sized front porch with pillars on the front of the porch. This allows me to have some of the best decorations around because the porch works out perfect for the job that I have to do, but also makes it easier for me to get the decorating done quickly, until I decide to head out and hit up the side porch and the blowups. With that being said, we are going to break down into several different sets of lights that you can use for your home decorations.
LED Outdoor Christmas Lights
Now LED is a great addition to the outdoor Christmas light realm. However, what you need to realize is these are a little bit more expensive than the traditional lights that you are used to seeing. With that being said, you will find their is going to be quite a few brands and choices that you can make on the different lights. I know this is a confusing time and if you are like me you buy the cheapest set at the store and then complain when they do not even make it a year before burning out. Since that is the case, I decided to look on Amazon and several other websites to find what is considered the best brands and lights to get, so here is the best three LED outdoor Christmas lights I have found.
lederTEK Decorative Solar Powered Christmas Lights Multi-color 200 LED
A multi color light set is a great addition to your home for Christmas lights outside. I know that on the porch pillars I was speaking of earlier, this is what I use, because it helps to set off the contrast of the white paint on the porch. With that being said, here is the pros and cons of this light set.
- Uses solar power, with a rechargeable battery that is going to recharge during the day.
- Will work for up to 8 hours in the night as long as it has 6 hours of daylight to recharge with.
- The battery will last up to and in some cases over 1000 hours before it needs to be replaced.
- Flexible wires is something else which people are going to enjoy, because this will make it easier for them to move the lights where they need to be at.
- Has 4 different light colors that is going to make it easier for you to enjoy the lights and the way they are looking.
- Lights that are present are smaller in size and this is going to make it difficult for people to see them if they are going by the property really quick.
- Uses solar power and a battery backup to power the lights. However, if you do not get a lot of sunlight during the day, which can happen in winter it is easy for the lights not to work properly.
- According to several reports online, the lights are not replaceable once they have burned out, which means you have to get a new strand each time the lights go out.
GE Energy Smart 100 LED C
Sometimes, you will find their are different selections of lights available from companies you have heard of before. This is especially true when you see a company like GE producing some of these lights. With that being said, here is what I view as one of their best lights on the market and this is a set that I have personally used as well. Here is the GE Energy Smart 100 LED light set, but before you make any purchase make sure you check out the pros and cons that are listed below.
- Has a total of 100 bulbs, which are stretched over the 33 foot length of the which means you are getting roughly 3 bulbs for every foot.
- Can be used in a line that can include up to 20 sets total, without losing any of the power or brightness of the bulbs.
- Constant on feature is going to make it easier for you to get the lights to continue to work, even when a single bulb is out.
- Long life span is something else you will enjoy, I mean where else do bulbs last 20,000 hours without burning out.
- With the longer strand of lights, it can be difficult to get them all in the proper place.
- The C6 light bulb is not as large as some of the older lights that you may be used to seeing.
LE® 16.5ft LED Solar Rope Lights
Now some people do not like the individual lights at all. With that being said, you will want to make sure you consider some of the rope lights. These are a great feature and one of the lights that are usually self contained and will keep you with lights for a long time. Here are the pros and cons that you can enjoy with these rope lights.
- Ease of installing the rope lights, is just like those that would be present with the regular rope lights that you would have in your home for the kitchen.
- Uses solar power, so you do not have to be concerned about using a lot of electrical wiring.
- Has a steady and a flash mode for the lights, which will make it easier for you to get the lighting effect you want to have.
- Provides a bright and consistent light pattern for you to use at night.
- The solar battery, which is what is used to allow the lights to work at night, is not replaceable, meaning you have to replace the bulbs each year.
- These bulbs are only available as a clear bulb and will only give off the white light, which will not be festive enough for a lot of people.
- It has been reported that these lights have a six foot cord that does not allow for any light to be present.
Projection Style Outdoor Christmas Lights
Some of the lights that you are going to be using is going to be quite a bit more in depth and a lot easier to set up. These lights are the projection style lighting that you can use. This light is the one that you will see where people seem to have a net of lights cast on their home. Still the selection of these lights will be complicated because the selection of these is fairly wide.
Star Shower Star Shower Outdoor Laser Christmas Lights, Star Projector by Bulbhead
You may be asking why I am starting to talk about this one first. Well, their is a good reason and that is because it was one of the highest rated projection Christmas lights that are on the market. Either way, this is the one that I have decided to start off with and it is the one that I will offer the first pros and cons with.
- Time that it takes to start the setup to the end of the setup is a mere few minutes and does not involve running any stringed lights or anything else.
- Square footage that is going to be covered will be 600 square feet, which in most cases will cover the complete exterior wall on most of the homes that are being built in modern times.
- With this light, you can display thousands of green and red star combinations all at once.
- Uses laser holographic technology that will make it easier for you to get the lights up and running and know they will look great.
- Weather resistant and will not allow the weather to disrupt your light display.
- Creates more of a green dot look on the house and not the true green Christmas light pattern that you would expect to see.
- It has been reported by multiple reviews on Amazon that this light only works for a short time period before it completely stops working.
NEW Light Show LED MULTICOLOR Outdoor Christmas Spotlight Stake
Now, the first review that we had up for the projection outdoor Christmas lights was only in red and green. With this set, you are going to find that it is going to have multiple colors. These colors are going to make it easier for you to see the decorative value of the home, but also going to make it easier for you to get the great color that you want to have as a decoration for your home at Christmas.
- Serves as a spotlight for your Christmas decorations, but adds in some of the colors that you want to see, instead of the colors of the same duldrom that some of the other spotlights provide you with.
- Uses super bright LED lights, which is going to help you get the proper projection onto your decorations.
- The light portion itself is mounted on a swivel, which is going to make it easier for you to get it positioned to where you want to have it moved to.
- Is only a spotlight and that is not going to help you in getting the right stand alone decoration.
- Does not say if it is completely weather tight or not, which means you could be disappointed in the light if you have some extreme weather come through.
I have to say, I was going to go over some of the best outdoor Christmas blow up decorations, but I just checked to see how long this post is and I am amazed at how long it already is. Since that is the case, I have to admit, I am going to conclude the article just by covering the lights. I have other articles covering the blow ups so this is going to make it easier for you to get the right choice. I even have reviews covering the Minion Christmas Decorations as well, which is going to make it easier for you to narrow down your choice in decorations. I hope this helps you out and you are going to be able to find the right one for your home. Either way, from our website family to yours, have yourself a Merry Christmas.