Best Battery Powered Push Mower Under 200 Dollars
Cutting the grass is something that you have to do on a regular basis, but you may not want to use a gas-powered mower and this often means you are going to look for an alternative power mower. These types of mowers, though are not going to be the cheapest ones on the market and for a lot of people this price can be a breaking point on if they are going to get the new mower or if they are going to keep the same old gas mower they have been using for years that can be putting out quite a bit of pollution. I know this is a major issue for a lot of people and that is why we have gone out and ranked what I feel is the best battery powered push mower under 200 dollars. Then you can see the mowers are definitely going to be something you are going to like because it will not cost you a fortune to get the mower. With that being said, let us introduce the Sun Joe MJ401C-XR-SJB cordless lawn mower.
Features Of The Sun Joe Cordless Lawn Mower
- This is a cordless lawn mower that will work great on lawns that are coming in at a quarter acre or a smaller lot. That is because that is how long the 28 V 5 Ah battery is going to last before it will start to die off. So this is definitely a major mower that can handle the smaller lawns and you will not really have to be concerned about the mower running out of electric when you are trying to get the work done.
- Figuring out how much of the battery life is left in this mower is going to be easy to do. That is because you will notice this is a mower that will allow you to check the battery life by a simple push of the button and this will give you an LED display of the mower which will make it easy for you to determine if you are going to need to stop to recharge your batteries soon or if you are going to be okay running it like you are currently doing.
- With the electric mower, a common problem is you are unsure when they are running and when they are not running. With this mower, you will like the fact that it has a removable key. This key is going to make it easier for you to know that the mower cannot accidentally be turned on. Not to mention when you do take the key out, it will be easier for you to get the mower ready and know it will not turn on, but also as long as the key is not inside of the mower not have to be concerned about your kids getting the mower started on accident.
- The cutting path for this mower is not as large as some of the other mower that we have seen that have been topping out around the 21-inch mar. This mower is going to come in at the 14-inch mark and that can make it a little bit harder for you to get the lawn mowed quickly, but with this smaller cutting mark, it does make it a lot more maneuverable compared to some of the other mowers on the market.
- Now, as far as being able to adjust the height you will find this is a mower is going to be adjustable by three different levels. This will not provide you the precise cut you may want to have, but it will allow you to get the cutting done to the levels that you want to have the yard to and know it will look great.
What Do I Like About This Battery Powered Lawn Mower
Well, I like the fact this is a mower that is not going to cost me an arm and a leg to get. While I know that the other mowers are going to cover more ground and will keep the ground looking great because they will allow for more adjustment or have a wider deck, they also tend to cost quite a bit more. So I like the fact this is a mower that can fit into the budget of most people.
I enjoy the fact this is a mower that is going to have grass catcher with it. This is going to make it quite a bit easier for me to get the mowing done and know the mower is going to look great, but so will the lawn. Now the catch bag is not that big so you may have to stop to empty it out, but even with that extra work you have to do this is going to be a great option for you to use for the grass mowing that you are trying to get done.
What I Did Not Care For
The mower is meant for a yard that is a quarter of an acre. I know this sounds like it is not that big of a deal, but if you have just over a quarter of an acre or something like that then you will find that it is going to be hard for you to get the lawn cut because the mower will have to charge. This can take some time and if you are like me in that time period while you are waiting for the battery to charge it could easily lead to you getting sidetracked and doing something else for the work.
My Final Thoughts On The Best Battery Powered Push Mower Under 200 Bucks
This is a mower that is going to work for a lot of people. However, I have found that it is not going to really cut that much grass on a single charge. Yes, a quarter acre may seem large, but it really is not that much grass. Not to mention if you are on 3 tenths of an acre you could have to stop mowing and charge the battery in the middle of cutting the grass. Overall, the cut is nice and the mower will keep the yard looking nice and the catch bag definitely makes this one of the best alternative power mowers we have seen on the market.