Finding the best music streaming service is more of a challenge than what you would imagine. However, what you will find is just doing some simple research definitely makes it easier for you to get the right service to provide you with the tunes that you want to listen to. Now, we have already ranked what we feel are the best services on the market and even went through the different services in an in-depth review. Our next article in this series will be an article that is a buyers guide on music services, but in this case, we will be comparing what we feel are the two best services that you can use for streaming music and that is Amazon Unlimited Music and Pandora Music.
Why These Two Services?
I have to admit that I often am asked why did I decide to compare one item or service to another. Well, I have to tell you that with this I have decided that these are the services that I like the best. Normally, I would compare the items and services that I like the best. With this being the case I decided to hold true with what I have done in the past and that is why we are now comparing Amazon Music to Pandora to allow you to have the best information possible when you are making your buying decision.
Amazon Music Features
This is a quick overview of the features, but if you want to find out more you can read our in-depth Amazon Music review. However, you should get a basic idea right here on what the service is going to offer you.
- Amazon Music has a large music library that will make it very easy for you to find the music that you want to listen to. It is important to note it does update from time to time and some of your music can be removed over time.
- When you are subscribed to the Amazon Unilimited service, which a family plan cost about sixteen dollars a month, you can download music. This allows you to have the chance to listen to the music you want to hear, even if you are on the go and unable to have a connection to the LTE, 4G, or WiFi type of networks.
- The ability to set up your own playlist and if you have a family account the fact that you can get the list set up for each family members account. This way each person is able to get their list set up for what they want to listen to instead of having to rely on what everyone is listening to all the time.
Pandora Music Features
Pandora is another service that we have done a complete review of, so you will find the Pandora Music review is more in-depth, but we are going to provide you with a quick overview here. This way you can get more information about the comparison of these two services to see which one will work best for you.
- The service here has quite a bit in the way of music that you can listen to and this will make it easier for you to enjoy the songs. What else is nice is while the service does upgrade over time, it will generally add more songs instead of removing them, but it does happen that the songs are removed from time to time.
- Most of the time, you will find that the song quality is going to be top of the line. This makes it easier for you to find the songs and know they are going to provide you with the best music possible that you can enjoy listening to and not have to be concerned about the music being off on the beat or anything else.
- When you are using the Pandora music you will notice it is very easy to use for the apps that are going to be ran. Not to mention this app is not laggy like some of the other music apps you can download to your phone, tablet, or even use on your computer.
How Are These Music Services Alike
As you can already tell these are music streaming services so that instantly makes them alike. What else you will notice is they are both alike in the fact they do have a free option, but the free options are limited in what you can hear and in some cases do have a lot of commercials you will have to listen to as well. With the Amazon service you do have to be a member of Prime to get the service as well.
Both of the services are going to have a wide selection of music and do allow you to create playlist. This will make it easier for you to find the music you want to have available at any point in time, but it also makes it easier for you to enjoy the music you are listening to because it is off of your playlist and not that of your kids or other adults that are in the same group.
When you are using these services you can upgrade to a family type of plan and this makes it easier for you to get the separate accounts for each of your family members, but also helps you in getting to have the accounts set up with the playlist for each family member.
How Are The Services Different
Now, this is one question that I had to actually sit down and think about because these services are quite a bit alike. However, I did come up with a couple of differences and these differences are at times so minor you cannot really see what difference they can make.
One of the primary differences that we did find, yes I had my teen daughter help me here, is the app performance. Yes, I know that you can stream on your computer or other devices, but honestly how many people actually stream with only their computer? Well, I have to say that this is going to make a difference for you as in my personal experience the apps are both easy to navigate, but for whatever reason the Amazon app tends to take forever to load and have it working right.
Something else that I did notice is the songs that are available does differ, but for the most part they have the proper songs that you would need to listen to and know you are going to have a great time listening to the muic, but it is important to note that you will have some differences between the song that are available for you to have on your play list and be able to listen to.
Which Service Should You Pick
I guess I have to make some type of verdict and pick here for you. Well, I have to say that I personally left Pandora for Amazon Unlimited Music because of the cost difference. Not so much the song selection or the quality of the sounds because they are very similar. Instead, I decided to switch to Amazon music because I like the Amazon product, the servers are slightly faster in my opinion, but also the family plan is a lot cheaper for me. If you are single, though, and not worried about a family plan I have found the Pandora app to work faster and have a little bit more functionality and it is not updated all the time moving all of your options around. Overall, when comparing Amazon music to Pandora I have to say it really depends on if you want speed or price advantages for a family option.