Drinking water is something that people tend to do on a daily basis. However, the problem that a lot of people will experience is they are unsure of what is in the water or even how they can remove some of the chemicals they know is in the water. Once you have started to do some research, though, you will see this is rather easy for you to solve and all that you have to do is make sure you know about the different water filters that are on the market. By knowing this information it will be very easy for you to find out there are several brands and companies that will help you out. This is when you should learn about the Culligan FM-25 Advanced Water Filter which is what we are going to review here to make it easier for you to know if this is the best water filter for you to use or if you should consider one of the other filters that we have talked about in our other reviews.
Features Of The Culligan FM-25 Advanced Water Filter
- This is a faucet water filter that is going to mount to the faucet itself. This will make it easier for you to use the water filter system, but also help you in getting to have the filter changed out. The best part is this is a filter that will allow you filter the water directly into your cup. The only downside is you just have to make sure you know about this filter because it is going to really work so good that you should know how much water is too much.
- The Culligan filter here is going to have a decent flow rate that is going to provide you with a half gallon of water a minute. This is quite a bit of water compared to some of the other filters that we have looked into in the past. So it will definitely make it easier for you to have a good time using the filter and knowing if you are filling up an electric tea kettle or water jug that it will only take a few minutes, instead of a long period of time.
- The water filter here is going to use a simple diverter tab. This tab is actually a lot easier to use than what you would think and once you have gotten used to using this tab it will be very easy for you to get the filtered water and if you take the diverter tab the other way you will have the regular pressure and flow of your faucet.
- The FM-25 is going to use an advanced filtration option. This will make it easier for you to find the filter will remove most of the lead, atrazine, chlorine, landine, and several other contaminating items that will really have serious consequences to your health if you are taking them into your body over time.
- With this filter, it is one of the only ones that you can actually use for water up to 100 degrees. This is a great feature because a lot of the filters do not want you to use warm water at all and this can easily lead to you not having the best jump on helping out your kettle or getting the warm water you need to have for your sweet tea you may be brewing.
What I Like With This Water Filter
I really like the fact this is a filter that you can use with hot water. With all the filters that I have had in the past, they would not want you to use hot water in the filter. That is because it would do something to the filter that could cause it harm. However, with this filter, it is going to make it easier for you to have a water filter that is going to allow you to use hot water, which I like using to make my sweet tea.
I enjoy the fact this is a filter that is faucet mounted as well. This allows me to easily change out the filter when it needs to be changed but also makes it easier for me to install. What else is nice is since this is a faucet mounted filter it will make it easier for you to have a filter that will not require you to work on getting the water turned off or cutting pipes or anything.
What I Did Not Care For With This Water Filter
I did not really care for the diverter tab that is here. While I never really thought about it before, when you have kids using this tab it is easy for them to forget to flip it over or even worse start to use it a little to hard and have it break off. So this is definitely something that you need to consider if you are really looking to have your kids in getting to have their own drink of water. I would suggest after your kids get water that you check the tab to make sure it is turned in the way that it should be turned.
My Final Thoughts On The Culligan FM-25 Advanced Water Filter
I like the fact that this is a water filter that will mount to your sink faucet. However, at the same time, I hate the fact that the filter is going to be upright. The amount of water you get per filter is actually a decent amount and it does have a lot of pressure that will make it easier for you to have a lot of water getting into your cup rather quickly. Since this is the case, I would have to say this is a decent filter and it will remove quite a bit of the contaminant that you do not want to have. With that being said, I have to say I would recommend the Culligan FM-25 Advanced Water Filter, but make sure you buy extra filters when you buy these to ensure you have enough on hand.