Review Of The Etude Model EFL-100 Student Flute
Flutes are a common instrument beginning band students pick to play. This is when the parents tend to dread the cost of buying a flute and often look at all of the different reviews on the student flutes on the market. This information can make the difference between getting a good flute or getting one that is going to need to be replaced the following year for the students to continue their learning experience on the flute. With that being said, you need to know some information about the Etude Model EFL-100 student flute that quite a few band directors have recommended for their students to use while learning the flute.
Spotlight On The Etude EFL-100
You may be asking yourself why we decided to talk about the Etude student flute here. Well, the simple reason is it is recommended quite a bit by band directors and it is a flute that is affordable for most parents who have a student who is entering band for the first time. With that being said, we also decided to focus on the Etude because we are parents as well and know how destructive the kids are on anything they have, believe me I have replaced a Nintendo more than once! So we really like this flute because of its durability, which is a good thing, but it also is going to be a flute that is very easy for the students to play.
The main thing that keeps coming up in all of the reviews of the Etude EFL-100 is how easy it is to play. Now, this is the good news because it means that you will be able to save your eardrums while your child is learning. However, the students are not going to mind playing the flute because it helps them in getting the right playing pattern and a chance to impress the band director because of the speed which they are able to pick up the learning of the flute.
A great feature that helps you or your students starting to pick up on the playing is the fact this is a flute that is closed hole. While you may not think about this, it is a great feature that makes it easier for you to learn the flute and know that you are not going to make any mistakes. Without this, you could have some problems in getting the flute to play the notes that you want to have it play properly.
A tight fit is going to be something else that you are going to want to look for as well. With this flute, you will find the fit is extremely tight and sometimes it will make it nearly impossible to get the flute together. However, this tight fit makes it a lot easier for you to get the flute to sound like a flute and keep it looking great as well.
Five Reasons The Etude Is The Best Flute To Select For Students
- Quality craftmanship is one of the first things that people are going to enjoy with this flute. We already touched upon the notion of the flute having a tight fit. This fit is going to make it a lot easier for people to get the great sounds they want, but also know the flute is going to be able to take some of the abuse that the kids can put forward against the flute.
- Great sounding audio help make the Etude EFL-100 student flute easier to listen to. Normally you would not think about a lower costing flute having such a great sound, but you need to realize this is a flute that has a nice warm sound and a full audio sound that is going to be around the flute sounds.
- Consistent playing helps promote a higher level of confidence for your kids. The consistent sounds allow the kids to pick up on all the sounds and avoid any mistakes. This can help inspire the kids confidence, but also help them in getting the right feel for the way the sounds are supposed to come out.
- Silver plating on the flute is going to be another factor that you need to consider as well. With the silver plating the kids are going to keep the great look to the flute for a long period of time, but also make sure the flute is going to stand out more than what people think.
- Highly recommended by band directors because it is going to be easier for the students to learn on playing. While most of the time people do not think about this, they need to realize the flutes are going to need to be easy to use. Since this is the case, the students will enjoy this flute because it is very easy for them to learn on and learn the scales for.
Video Of The Etude EFL-100
Faults With The Etude EFL-100
The Etude does not always have a glowing review. Sometimes people find the Etude does have some drawbacks, but they are not horrible and often not going to be enough to keep people from looking for their flute. With that being said, here are a couple of the main drawbacks that we have found with the Etude.
- The cases are going to be one of the hardest things that people want to judge. With this case, it tends to have a cheaper look and quality to it which often makes it impossible for people to use the case easily. So this is one drawback that you will notice with the flute.
- A second drawback is the fact that the tight fit of the flute can make it nearly impossible for your kids to get the flute together. Since it can be so difficult they may need to have the band director help them in getting the flute put together.
Is The Etude Model EFL-100 The Best?
Students tend to pick out the musical instrument the band director wants them to play. Typically, in my experience, it is a flute the director wants the kids to learn on. Since that is the case, a parent wants to get the best flute to start learning the flute on. We covered the Etude Model EFL-100 flute in this article and while I will admit it is a nice flute, it is not the best on the market for a professional flutist. Instead, I do have to say a lot of band directors recommend the Etude Model EFL-100 for learning the flute and that definitely makes this flute one of the best for learning on.>